Mandate and Purpose
The Intervenor Services Human Resources Strategy Steering Committee (Committee) will provide leadership and oversight for the implementation of a province-wide, multi-year human resources initiative.
The Committee will prepare and oversee:
- A work plan that identifies anticipated outcomes, and incorporates regular monitoring and evaluation of key elements within the Intervenor Services Human Resource Strategy (Strategy)
- A committee structure with broad Intervenor Services Sector and related representation that will ensure the effective achievement of the Strategy’s general objectives and deliverables
- Annual budgets and expenditures, and will provide timely accounting of same within Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS) requirements
All work of the Committee and its sub-committees will be consistent with the MCSS Intervenor Services Program Policy Framework that includes the following key program principles; self-directed and responsive, choice, fairness and equity, accountability, sustainability, professionalism, family and community.
Sarah VanDuzer, Jayne Leang, Laurie Marissen, Susan Manahan, Bev Morris, Cathy Proll, Jennifer Robbins, Roxanna Spruyt-Rocks, Maurice Voisin, Cheryl Wilson
- Provide enriched learning opportunities for intervenors, supervisory personnel and senior management
- Develop sector specific core competencies and related training opportunities
- Develop and offer innovative and practical Human Resource tools to improve recruitment, on-boarding and retention of qualified intervenors
- Enhance the overall delivery and quality of services that promote meaningful outcomes for adults who are deafblind
- Introduce marketing and communication approaches to elevate the profile and public awareness of the Intervenor Services Sector
- Prepare and submit to MCSS all subsequent funding proposals including detailed work plans and budget requirements
- Provide timely reporting and evaluation of all Committee activities